Join Boy Scout Troop 777
Considering which Boy Scout Troop to join is an important step in introducing your son to Scouting or helping him continue on with his Scouting career!
Troop 777 welcomes you to come check out one of our Troop meetings, as well as to come camping with us! Join us any Tuesday Night, 7:00-8:30 PM. We meet at The Emmanuel United Methodist Church, located at 16000 Cumberland Road and Greenfield Avenue in beautiful Noblesville, Indiana.
Special Webelos II Invite Nights: Sept 29, Oct 10, Nov 14, Dec TBD, Jan TBD
Camping Trips: Dec 1-2 (see calendar for more details)
After visiting with us we sincerely hope that you’ll want to join Troop 777. Our hope is that your son remains active in Scouting and will make the important decision to “Cross Over” from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. Contact us to discuss your plans to visit our Troop, as well as to schedule an Order of the Arrow team for your Crossing Over Ceremony at your Blue & Gold banquet this winter.
For more information and to schedule a visit, contact:
Daniel Johnson & Shelley Wood
Joining Troop 777 is as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
- If you haven’t already, tell us that your son wants to join
our Troop. Give us his name, Pack #, and location, date
and time of the Pack’s Blue & Gold banquet so that we
can attend the crossover to accept him into our Troop.
- Complete and turn in a BSA Youth Application,
“Local Council Copy” AND “Unit Copy”.
- Pay the joining fee: $45, payable to Troop 777. *Dues are prorated at crossover which are estimated at $200/Scout.
Scouts will receive a neckerchief, slide, Troop 777 numbers, epaulets and Scout Handbook.
This fee also helps the troop purchase new camping equipment and take care of existing items.
Annual renewal dues are $250/Scout.
Involved Parents = A Great Experience for the Scouts
Parents wishing to get involved need to complete a BSA Adult Application, as well as applicable training.
- Adult Leaders interested in becoming an Assistant Scoutmaster, Merit Badge Counselor or Troop Committee
member complete and turn in the BSA Adult Application, “Local Council Copy” AND “Unit Copy”.
- Training – Youth Protection is required to be a registered adult in the Troop.
Start your training quest here: http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection/BoyScout.aspx
- Adults who join as Assistant Scoutmasters will need to complete additional training.
Establish your Training profile at the Scouting.org website, same as above, and
complete online training, as well as register for classroom and outdoor training.
For a boy to join Troop 777
He must meet BSA age and eligibility requirements. In addition, his Parent or legal Guardian must:
- Meet the Scoutmaster, Troop, and Committee Chair
- Fill out registration form
- Pay Troop registration fees (prorated for those joining mid-year.)
- Subscribe to Boys’ Life magazine (optional)
- Sign the Code of Conduct acknowledging the Bylaws and SOP
- Complete an Authorization to treat a Minor form
- Complete a BSA Annual Health and Medical Record